February 22, 2011

So, I have slacked.

Well, I have not been as diligent with this blogging thing as I had hoped... but I am feeling a renewed desire to update and hopefully it will stick with me!

We have a lot of new news!!  Just a quick update... we have been living in Athens for about 6 months and have really enjoyed it.  I've been working at Athens Regional in the ICU and have learned more that I could have imagined.  I really like the people I work with and while this job has challenged me way beyond what I could have dreamed, I really have enjoyed learning so much and have received some really great feedback. Jason has been commuting to The Kingdom (with the exception of the week of the 2011 Blizzard...)  And we have really enjoyed being back in Athens where we can go to Transmetropolitan whenever we desire!

A few pics from Athens:
 Pancake Saturdays... our new tradition
 Where you can typically find me and Lucy during the evening...
 We have really enjoyed our fireplace.  Jason built this fire one Sunday while I was at work, so I came home to a toasty fire!
 Jason the night he got the promotion!
Our house in the Blizzard of 2011

So, fast forward to January and Jason has gotten a promotion!!  He will be in charge of all the amateur and college players across the country that play TaylorMade equipment.  I am so proud of him and he is very excited about this new job.  But with the fabulousness of this new job comes traveling 200 days a year... which will be hard but we are making some big changes to make that easier.  We are moving to Charlottesville, VA!!!  We are BEYOND ecstatic for numerous reasons:

1.  We LOVE Charlottesville.  Really, Jason talks about it all the time.
2.  We will be close to Emily and Dave!  Aka see them everyday!
3.  We will be close to Miss Amelia!! (this may be the reason we are most excited...)
4.  I am going back to school (hopefully...I have applied to UVA's FNP program and we are keeping our fingers crossed...)

And I'm sure there are other great reasons but these are the main ones!  We are so very excited.  Now all we have to do is find someone to rent our house AND find a new house in C'ville!  Keep your fingers crossed!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment